PokerStars Set to Host the First NACOOP Series with $7 Million Guaranteed in September
One poker series comes to a conclusion and another one starts. The biggest of PA’s three online poker sites, PokerStars PA, is set to truly stand out in September.
With $7 million in guaranteed prize pools across its NA platforms, the first PokerStars NACOOP (North American Championship of Online Poker) will take place from September 15 to October 2.
NACOOP is an evolution of the yearly COOP series that takes place in September, like PACOOP in PA. These particular series are now included in the NACOOP category.
- Guarantees of $3 million for USCOOP (MI/NJ);
- Guarantees of $2,5 million for PACOOP (PA);
- Guarantees of $1,5 million for ONCOOP (ON).
$2.5 Million in Guarantees at the 2023 PACOOP
PokerStars, one of the most popular PA online casinos websites, will host 89 tournaments throughout PACOOP, offering an identical schedule across its three NA websites. Its guarantees are somewhat lower than those of the USCOOP, where NJ and MI share player pools and liquidity since online poker is still ring-fenced in PA.
PokerStars offers a wide range of mixed game tournaments in addition to the conventional No-Limit Hold’em and Pot-Limit Omaha variations. The schedule also offers buy-ins ranging from $10 to the $2,500 High Roller, catering to players of all skill levels.
Highlights from the incomplete schedule include:
- 20 Trophy Events, denoting the series’ main competitions;
- $300 Main Event with a $250,000 PA guarantee;
- $2,500 High Roller with a $150,000 in PA guarantee;
- Tournaments with a mix of games, including the HORSE, 2-7 Triple Draw, 8-Game, and Stud varieties;
- A leaderboard for the series with $10,000 in prizes.